Planning for fall removal
What property owners should do prior to our arrival:
- Raise the bed of your boat lift all the way up.
- Mark on your dock where the center of your lift wheel should be lined up. Ideas for marking are duct tape, paint, Sharpie marker, etc. The mark can be subtle. If you do not mark the dock prior to our arrival, the guys will have to mark it at removal to prevent installation errors.
- Assess canopy vinyl for any repairs or hardware needed; make a plan for repair/replacement prior to spring.
- Remove & store electrical cords and batteries. (We can do this for a fee.)
- Lift Motors do not need to be removed; do not cover with plastic. Condensation builds up and can get trapped inside.
- Schedule your canopy cleaning/storage with us. Or if you’re doing yourself be sure to clean and fully dry canopy vinyl; roll/fold for storage and store with canopy hardware for easy retrieval next spring.
- Be sure if your canopy is not coming back to Timber Creek to be cleaned/stored that you are storing it indoors or in a storage tub to keep it protected from insects, mice, and other rodents (such as crocodiles).
CANOPY POLICIES & INFORMATION:
CANOPY INSTALLATION & REMOVAL: Special trips (any trip not at the time of dock/lift service) to install or remove a canopy are $125. At the time of regular service, $75 (for vinyl less than or equal to 26′), $100 and up for larger than 26′.
WET CANOPIES: Every fall we run into several rainy days and mornings with condensation, resulting in wet canopies. If we are scheduled to remove and leave your canopy but it is wet at removal, it will automatically be brought back to be cleaned and then stored ($125 for canopy up to 26′ or $150 for larger than 26′).
WIND & WEATHER: Timber Creek is never responsible for damage to equipment caused by weather or wind.
CLEANING*: Done over the winter. Due to the varying age and quality of canopy vinyl we do not guarantee vinyl wearing through or getting holes during the cleaning process. *If you request canopy cleaning, you also authorize needed repairs found during the cleaning process to be made up to $150 in repairs. We will contact you if anticipated cost is greater than $150.
Scheduling & Billing Policies
We ask current customers to use our service request form each season.
We cannot take set appointments; numerous times during the spring and fall season we have to change our schedule the morning of service due to wind direction, equipment issues, etc.
During installation/removal season our crew works Monday-Saturday from sunup to sundown, completing approximately 15-25 jobs per day.
Late Ice Out- scheduling will be adjusted to accommodate as many requests as possible; please prepare that some may not be fulfilled. Flexibility is greatly appreciated in this situation.
Invoices are typically sent within 24 hours of service being complete and are due within 15 calendar days of the invoice date.
Installation Season: Ice out-June 15th
Installation priority is determined by requested dates and by what the weather will allow. Wind intensity and direction are critical factors in determining each day’s schedule. We work to install equipment as close to requested date as possible.
Service Calls during installation season are $200; Regular service calls are $150. Please plan ahead and schedule any equipment repair or maintenance prior to ice out in the spring.
Removal Season: August 15th-October 25th
Requests received after we are finished on a lake will be charged double. We always attempt to contact our customers we have not heard from prior to the last/only trip to lake.